You are here

Reconstitutions 3D et maquette virtuelle de la Monnaie de Paris réalisées par l’Institut Passion for Innovation de Dassault Systèmes


Monnaie de Paris was officially founded in 864 with the Edict of Pistres. In the Edict, Charles II. The decision to construct the current building on the Quai de Conti, in Paris's 6th arrondissement, was made by Louis XV (1715-1774). Jacques-Denis Antoine was the architect he entrusted with creating a palace on the banks of the river and a royal manufacture. Monnaie de Paris was officially established on the Quai de Conti on 20 December 1775. 
Antoine created a royal building, a veritable palace in keeping with the prestige of its location and function. It incorporated and a modern, logical manufacture, designed according to Enlightenment rationalist theories, as reflected in the neoclassical architecture of the age. Extraordinarily, the 34,000 m2 edifice has maintained its original purpose to this day; Paris's first manufacturing establishment when it was built, it is now the last still in operation.

The grand salon is named after Guillaume Dupré (1576-1643), one of the great protagonists of medal art in France. Of remarkable dimensions, the floor area of the Dupré Lounge reaches 200 square meters for a height under vault of 13 meters.


Discover a gourmet restaurant run by a top Michelin-starred chef at Monnaie de Paris
Guy Savoy has moved his three-star Parisian restaurant to Monnaie de Paris, where he has taken over the first-floor rooms of the west wing overlooking the Seine.
Internationally renowned French chef Guy Savoy created his eponymous three Michelin-starred restaurant in 1980, and has managed it since then. He also owns a Restaurant Guy Savoy in Las Vegas, the twin to the original one, and five other establishments in Paris - Le Chiberta, Les Bouquinistes, Atelier Maître Albert, L’Huîtrade and Etoile-sur-Mer - as well as a shop, Goût de Brioche.
In 2015, he joined Monnaie de Paris as a partner to relocate his restaurant to 11 Quai de Conti, where the magnificent suite of rooms on the first floor was re-envisaged and redesigned for the purpose by the chef's friend and architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte. Subdued tones were chosen for the interlinking spaces; a harmony of warm, slate greys to realise the architect's concept based on shadow with depth. All the light filters through the high, wide windows that open on to the Louvre, the Pont Neuf, the Seine, and the Institut de France, emphasising the tables, the defining feature of the decorative scheme.
A ceiling painted by Fabrice Hyber and works from the François Pinault collection echo the contemporary art exhibitions curated by Monnaie de Paris.
The restaurant allows the chef to welcome about sixty guests, reservation required: 
Phone : +33 (0)1 43 80 40 61
Find all the information on


Monnaie de Paris’s shop is open from Tuesday to Sunday, 11 am - 7 pm. Late Wednesday opening until 9 pm..
Phone: +33 (0)1 40 46 59 26
It is located on 2, rue Guénégaud – 75006 Paris
The shop will renovate and will take place under the central pavilion dome initially dedicated to the foundry workshop. An historical place pierced by a dome with an oculus that will allow light to pass through and which will make this space an exceptional setting for prestigious products.
On this occasion, collection coins, medals, state decorations, bronze art and jewelry enriched by new products will seduce a general public keen on fine objects. The know-how enhanced and passed through art worker generations within Monnaie de Paris, will continue in artistic requirements and stick to authenticity found in each products of our factory.


After nine centuries of roaming the capital, in the 18th century, Monnaie de Paris settled in a bespoke building, the royal manufacture of coins and medals, at 11 Quai de Conti. After minting coins for the state for 1150 years, Monnaie de Paris possesses invaluable tangible and intangible heritage: a collection of 170,000 objects, artisan skills that have inherited centuries-old traditions, and a site made up of 17th and 18th century buildings.

The 11 Conti Museum showcases this exceptional heritage. Metal is presented in all its forms and from all angles of approach: raw or transformed; from natural history collections or the result of scientific research; works of art and the peak of technical progress; vectors of economic exchanges; archaeological discoveries; as a witness to changing trends; in the writing of our symbols; and as a mirror of civilisations. Art, science and technology, history of peoples, tastes and economy, archaeology and sociology, the 11 Conti Museum brings together all these disciplines to express all the richness and diversity of the collections and know-how of Monnaie de Paris.


The cafe bar Frappé par Bloom is opened
from Tuesday to Sunday 11am - 7pm
Brunch every Saturday and Sunday  from 11:30am to 4pm

Frappé par Bloom is located in Cour de la Méridienne.

Monnaie de Paris has partnered with Bloom to promote homemade cuisine, supplying it fresh from the producer. This café offers a range of fresh dishes cooked in Paris with crops grown by farmers from the region.

The menu features a variety of home-cooked dishes with seasonal ingredients, proposing a savoury and sweet offer that responds to the needs of cultural visitors, local residents and other Parisians. 


In addition to the new Monnaie de Paris’ shop, major French houses will open boutiques to expand the offer of products linked to traditional skills and the French lifestyle. These trade partners will share common values with Monnaie de Paris, such as scarcity, quality and authenticity.

It will allows to discover a large offert of products linked to traditional know-how and the French art of living.

These stores will open on the garden and in the Cour de la Méridienne, the old entrance. A concept store of more than 400m2 will be located in this new garden, opposite the Mansart Wing façade. (this section keeps its industrial function while retaining the jewelery and enamelling workshops)



The courtyards of 11 Conti - Monnaie de Paris are part of the free outdoor pedestrian streets. Some courtyards have been restored to form a route that allows visitors to walk from Odeon to the Louvre by crossing them from east to west. These new public spaces are decorated by 7 panels describing the architectural history of the manufactury and the palace.

There are also free exhibitions places for the visitors as these courtyards are frequently occupied by artwork.


Mansart Wing (or Petit Hôtel de Conti), first major work of the architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart, has been built based on Parisian town houses model, between courtyard and garden.

In the third phase of the Monnaie de Paris’s transformation project, the Mansart Wing will regained its original proportions and it logic of design ; the essence of the Parisian mansions between the courtyard and the garden. A 1500 m2 garden will be built and opened to the public. It will reveal the elegant facade, invisible for two centuries, of the mansion built by Jules Hardouin-Mansart.